Thursday, October 2, 2008

Political Parties

So I'm not big on politics, mostly because of the heated debates over who believes what and why so-and-so is an idiot. But at the same time, I do love to volunteer, and have spent some time working on five local campaigns over the past three years. I also love parties in general, especially themed ones.

Tonight, for the Vice Presidential Debate, we had an impromptu party. And by that I mean my most-political friend texted me at 1:30, alerting me that he was coming over at 5 to start Moose Stew. Shortly thereafter I found out I was charged with finding red and blue shot glasses. Well, by the time things were rolling, we had a pack of 36 Americana temporary tattoos, a 6-pack of red, white, and blue glow sticks, moose stew, Palin Punch, and 14 different BINGO cards (tracking phrases and keywords from both Palin and Biden). Oh, and noise squawkers to sound each time you cross something off your BINGO card or when you particularly agree with a point made during the debate. And since the others are all techy, we had Twitter Election scrolling on the wall via LCD projector, catching a few witty comments here and there.

Because of the short notice, the party was only five people, but intriguing nonetheless. Lots of laughs, horn-blowing, and faces made over the taste of the stew. Nobody got BINGO, Twitter Election had to quit due to an overwhelming number of related tweets, and "maverick" was used a few too many times.

I'm sure looking forward to our Election '08 party though, that's bound to be a night to remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment