Thursday, October 9, 2008

I Think Peeps are Fun!

Peeps. You know, those marshmallow-and-sugar confections that have become synonymous with yellow chicks and pink bunnies. Over the years, they have become a year-round thing, with pumpkins for Halloween, snowmen for Christmas, and even hearts for Valentine's Day. I'm personally not a big fan of eating them (not a fan of that much sugar!) but I sure think they're neat and fun to play with (you know, like silly putty). And they've been around for over 55 years (take a look at their website).

And I'm not the only one who thinks about peeps. Ten years ago, Peep Research was apparently popular. These guys even got an article on CNN's website mentioning their attempts at Peep destruction via boiling, liquid nitrogen baths, and more. While part of their research is clearly hilarious (like observing the effects of a Peep smoking a cigarette), other parts make for an interesting read. I think my favorite part is the Lit Review.

This group is pretty goofy, but it makes it all the more amusing. The "researchers" are both now professors at other universities, which makes me think my own work might entertain someone enough to hire me someday as well. What is my research about? Yeah, that'll come in time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment