Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's a Disney Halloween

Short post today, I have a lot to do. And that's because we're hosting a major bash on Saturday. The reason: Halloween. The event: a Disney-themed party. That's right, costumes, decorations, jack o'lanterns, the whole thing has a bit of a Disney twist. Some guests have mentioned that they've made costumes from scratch, some have bought costumes in stores or online, and others have used old costumes and just added a few props to make them Disney-esque. As I have a rather ridiculous Disney vocabulary, I've been helping on and off.

Tonight a few of us will be doing some pumpkin carving. I thought I'd share a few of the links of patterns we'll be using, in case you'd like to carve one of your own in the spirit.

This one has some great designs, but the difficulty is a little much.

Easy and a little lame
, but Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather make a cute pumpkin.

Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto have some cute designs here.

Simple, but classic patterns.

Some good, some bad, and all classic Disney.

This one is difficult to navigate, and the patterns are not free. But the examples are amazing, and if it was a SuperHero themed party, I'd definitely be doing the Spiderman pumpkin!

This site was wonderful, but the Disney links are not there this morning. Not sure if they'll return, but I sure hope so!

Fox and the Hound
. No lie. If I'm feeling bold, I may try this one.

Captain Jack Sparrow. But reallllly detailed.

An ADORABLE Lady & the Tramp. Another one I'd love to be able to pull off... (and if you click 'next,' you'll see a Mickey!)

I really with PumpkinGlow was working right now, their selection of villains was wonderful, especially Hades and Maleficent, from what I remember... :-\

1 comment:

  1. If I can find what I am looking for at the local haberdashery, I should have a good ‘home-made’—that is, made from assembling complete articles of clothing rather than purcahsing a complete costume or constructing one.

    With all the engineers present, I am confident that at least one difficult carving can be accomplished.

    ReplyDelete