Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Promotion!

okay, so for today's challenge, I need to promote a blog post.

well, 75% of the time, I tweet (and therefore it also goes to Facebook) when I have a new entry on either or both of my blogs. But, I only vaguely mention what the new entry is about, and I link to the main site instead of the individual post.

Another suggestion is to include a brief thing about it when you send out newsletter emails. Well, I have two groups I "newsletter" (yep, gonna use it as a verb and call it a day), and I haven't done either in a long time. I'll get back to that shortly (after this conference, I swear).

I'm not about to add a link in my email signature. nope.

I do comment on other blogs, so check!

I already do blogs that build on previous ones to some extent, but I do that a TON more on the other blog.

Pitch mainstream media. You know, I've been thinking about this for a couple weeks, and might be able to get around to it. I would have had the perfect opportunity Monday night when they wrote off Kutner's character on House, MD. oops.

I'm not going to state my thoughts on the other suggestions. So, what will I do today for this? besides twittering (which I will do after I post this), I'll go ahead and write a newsletter email (but I can't send it yet, other blog needs a little more updating at the moment).

However, I'll throw this out there: if you want to be included on the list to the right on "suggested blogs," let me know, and chances are, I'll add you. The challenge suggested I seek out bloggers and ask them to list mine, but I'm a little shy on this aspect, LoL.

No comments:

Post a Comment