Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Simple Pleasures

Sometimes, a snack puts me into such a fantastic mood. On Sunday nights, Ben & Jerry's does a $2 ice cream cone and $3 shakes (provided that you come in your pajamas). I've been several times, most recently this past Saturday, for such a treat. I try different flavors all the time, and found that my recent pick, Chocolate Therapy, to be rather scrumptious. It may join the rotation of favorites. :)

Today, as I dined upon my Chick-Fil-A #1 (pretty much the only thing I've ordered there in the past ten years), I savored their tangy lemonade. It's another personal favorite that can basically make my day. Frozen custard, soft pretzels, macaroni and cheese pizza, chocolate chip cookies, and vanilla wafers are also on this list. I believe that simple foods are soothing, and that many people take joy in pleasing their palates.

Which leads me to ask, what foods just make YOU happy?

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I agree that a favorite treat can be a great way to pick up your mood.

    It's epicurian things like this that make me wonder WTF Thoreau was thinking. I fully embrace the concept of a simple life, but I think taking pleasure in the simple things also means enjoying that which you eat to nourish your bodies.

    ReplyDelete